- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Place ground chicken, bell peppers, onion, water chestnuts and rice into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in teriyaki sauce.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or high heat for 1-2 hours.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, taco-style, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest