- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 5 springs of fresh thyme OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 3-5 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove giblets from the chicken and rinse under cool water. Place in slow cooker.
- Pour lemon juice over whole chicken and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Place garlic cloves and bay leaves in the slow cooker around the chicken.
- Cover slow cooker and cook the chicken on low for 9-10 hours OR high for 4-5 hours.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, the meat should easily come off the bone and you can enjoy it immediately or store in fridge for up to 4 days.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest