- 3 pounds | 1½ kg beef stew meat (I use trimmed chuck steak), diced into 1 inch cubes
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed (or 1 tablespoon minced garlic)
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 2-inch pieces (roughly 3 cups diced)
- 300 g | 10 ounces baby potatoes, halved
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 14 ounces | 410 grams can diced tomatoes
- 1 beef bouillon cube, crushed
- ½-1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, to serve
- Place the meat and flour into a 6qt (6 litre) slow cooker bowl. Stir to coat meat and add in the rest of the ingredients (except for the bay leaves and parsley). Stir all ingredients together and place bay leaves on top.
- Cover, and cook on low heat setting for 8-10 hours, or high heat setting for 4 to 6 hours.
- Taste test before serving, and add extra salt or pepper if needed. Garnish with parsley,
- Serve over white rice or mashed potatoes.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest