- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (this recipe works with both boneless or bone-in chicken breast)
- 8 oz green beans, washed and trimmed
- 2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced into strips
- 4 cups baby potatoes, halved (roughly 1lb)
- Cilantro leaves
- Crushed peanuts
- Place the peanut butter in a medium microwavable bowl, and heat for 15 seconds. Stir, and return to the microwave for another 10 seconds, and stir again.
- Add the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and sesame oil to the bowl. Stir until smooth and completely combined.
- Add the chicken breasts to the bowl, and turn to coat in the peanut sauce.
- Place the chicken in the base of a slow cooker. Spread any peanut sauce remaining in the bowl over the chicken.
- Place the potatoes beside the chicken, and top with the carrots and green beans.
- Cook on the lowest setting for 4-6 hours.
- Remove the carrots, green beans and potatoes from the slow cooker and arrange on plates.
- Shred the chicken between two forks, tossing it in the peanut sauce, and serve. Garnish with cilantro leaves and additional peanuts.
- Spoon any additional peanut sauce over the veggies.