- 4 lbs red potatoes, cleaned (peeled or unpeeled), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp, pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream, warmed in the microwave
- 1/2 cup milk, warmed in the microwave, or as desired
- Minced chives and butter, for serving (optional)
- Spray a 6 – 7 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Place potatoes in slow cooker then pour water evenly over top (if your slow cooker allows excess moisture to evaporate from the slow cooker I’d recommend adding in an extra 1/4 cup of water). Toss with salt and pepper then add garlic and pour butter evenly over potatoes and garlic. Cover and cook on high heat 4 – 4 1/2 hours until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork (don’t drain!). Mash potatoes with a potato masher then add sour cream, heavy cream. Whip with an electric hand mixer until desired texture is reached, while adding in milk to reach desired consistency. Serve warm with more butter if desired and minced chives.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest