- 1/2-3/4 cup basil pesto
- 4 chicken breasts (thawed)
- 1.5 cups zucchini (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1 cup yellow squash (cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup red onion (about 1 small, cut into 1 inch slices)
- 1 green pepper (cut into 1 inch slices)
- 1 yellow peppers (cut into 1 inch slices)
- 8 ounces white mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 lb whole wheat rotini
Lightly grease crock pot with olive oil for easier clean-up, if desired. Thickly slice vegetables so they cook slowly.
Lay chicken breast in bottom of crock pot and top with 1 tablespoon of basil pesto each.
Top chicken with onions.
Layer vegetables on top of onions.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.*
Check to make sure chicken in done. (There should be no visible pink, internal temperature should be 165° Fahrenheit/75° Celsius.) Turn crock pot to “warm” setting.
Cook noodles according to package directions (in pan on stove top) and drain.
Turn off crock pot and remove chicken, slice into 1/2 inch slices.
Drain extra liquid in crock pot off of the vegetables and discard.
Toss vegetables, pasta, and remaining pesto(4 tbsp-1/2 cup) together. (I combine everything in the crock pot that is turned off.)
Serve chicken on a bed of noodles and vegetables. (Serve with extra pesto and grated Parmesan cheese if desired.)