- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 pounds beef short ribs
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Parmesan cheese rind
Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Add short ribs to pan and sear on both sides.
Lightly grease a crock pot with cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
Place onion, carrot, celery , and garlic in bottom of crock pot.
Lay short ribs on top.
Use a knife to roughly chop the tomatoes in the can. Pour all of contents of can on top of short ribs.
Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and stir to mix.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest