- 1 lb. boneless, beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consumme or beef broth
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups Frozen Broccoli Florets
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- White or brown rice, cooked
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the beef consume, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Lay the beef strips in the crockpot and pour the sauce over, tossing the strips to coat.
- Turn the crockpot on low and cook for about 6 hours. You don’t want to cook the beef too long or it will start to shred.
- When it is just about done, take 4 Tbsp of the sauce and whisk it in a small bowl with the cornstarch. Slowly stir this into the crockpot. Add the broccoli, cashews and carrots and stir. Cook an additional 30 minutes so that the sauce can thicken and frozen broccoli and carrots can cook. You don’t want to add the broccoli until the very end or it will be mushy. If you are using fresh broccoli, steam before or add about an hour before it is done cooking to heat through.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest