- 1 pound ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Optional toppings:
- green onions
- bacon bits
- In your slow cooker, add diced potatoes, chopped onion, diced celery, carrots, parsley and basil. Add chicken broth. Cook on low 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours or until potatoes and veggies are tender.
- About 30 minutes before it is done, cook the ground beef in a medium saucepan about 4-5 minutes until brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the butter. Melt the butter and add flour and cook until bubbly. Add the salt, pepper, milk and sour cream.
- Add cream mixture, cheese, and ground beef to the crockpot. Stir and and continue to cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest