- 3 lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast, with fat removed
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Jerk Seasoning
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 lime, squeezed
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- Caribbean salsa:
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 large ripe mangos, chopped
- 1½ tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut slits with a knife into the pork and stuff half of the garlic into the slits. Combine remaining garlic, jerk seasoning, and course salt and rub over the pork.
- Squeeze lime on the top and pour orange juice on top of the pork. Cover and marinate pork for 5 hours or overnight.
- Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place pork and juice into the bottom of the slow cooker. Cook on low for 9 hours.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender, remove the juice and reserve 1 cup. Shred the pork and pour the 1 cup of juice back into the slow cooker. Let cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- To make the caribbean salsa: Add the diced mangos, avocado, and red onion. Add cilantro and lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over the pork.
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest