- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 16 ounces crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a medium skillet, add oil and chicken. Cook on medium-high heat and sear until brown, flip, and brown the other side. Place in slow cooker.
- In the same pan, add onion and saute until tender. Add to slow cooker.
- Place the mushrooms, garlic, and parsley in an even layer over the chicken and onions in the slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth and sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and add cornstarch to the juices and mushrooms. Whisk until smooth. Return chicken to slow cooker and cook until the gravy is thick, about 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta!
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest