- 2½ pounds chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp crushed red chillies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp finely sliced green onions
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken pieces, honey, soy sauce, barbecue sauce, sesame oil, olive oil, ginger paste, garlic paste, crushed red chillies, salt and pepper. Mix everything together until the chicken pieces are properly coated.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 hours OR until the chicken pieces are cooked thorough.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and keep it aside in a bowl. DON’T throw out the liquid in your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and add this mixture into the slow cooker. Mix it thoroughly.
- Cover the lid and cook on high for 15-20 minutes OR until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken pieces into the sauce and mix until fully coated.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
Make sure you’re following The topslowcookers.com for the latest recipes!
Facebook | Pinterest