1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shredded carrots
3 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- Spread cornstarch into a wide, shallow bowl. Dredge flank steak in the cornstarch to coat completely; put into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Stir water, soy sauce, brown sugar, carrots, green onions, olive oil, garlic, and ginger together in a bowl; pour into the bag with the beef and seal.
- Put bag of marinating beef in the freezer until the day before you wish to prepare it.
- Remove bag from freezer and put bag into a bowl and place in refrigerator to thaw, at least 24 hours before you wish to prepare the beef.
- Empty bag into the crock of a slow cooker.
- Cook on High until the beef is tender, 2 to 3 hours. Alternately, you can cook this on Low for 4 to 5 hours.
Though this recipe is designed to provide an easy mid-week meal from your freezer, you can also skip the freezer and put it in the slow cooker straightaway.